Ping is a Lecturer in Information Systems at the University of Sussex Business School.
Ping-Jen received his PhD from Warwick Business School, University of Warwick. Before joining Sussex in 2021, Ping-Jen was a Research Fellow in Business Model Innovation at University College London. He is good at using counter-intuitive thinking to challenge conventional wisdom and develop innovative solutions for businesses. Ping-Jen focuses on developing overarching innovation and business model strategies.
- Digital transformation
- Business model innovation
- Product/service innovation
- Online community management
- Kao, P.-J., Pai, P., & Tsai, H.-T. (2020). Looking at both sides of relationship dynamics in virtual communities: A social exchange theoretical lens. Information and Management, 57(4), 103210. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2019.103210
- Van Den Heuvel, C., Kao, P.-J., & Matyas, M. (2020). Factors driving and hindering business model innovations for mobility sector start-ups. Research in Transportation Business & Management, 37, 100568. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rtbm.2020.100568
- Kao, P.-J., Pai, P., Lin, T., & Zhong, J.-Y. (2015). How transformational leadership fuels employees’ service innovation behavior. Service Industries Journal, 35(7-8), 448-466. https://doi.org/10.1080/02642069.2015.1015519
New guide for planning more resilient and robust urban mobility, Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans. POLIS, and Rupprecht Consult – Forschung & Beratung GmbH (eds). 2021.