Feminist. Wife. Passionate about responsible business and sustainable consumption. Strives to make the world a better place. Loves living by the sea.
I joined the Digit team in April 2020 as an Innovation Fellow linked to the Bringing Environmental Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Tags to Market project, investigating the development, adoption and implementation of innovative environmentally-friendly digital technologies, and their impact on employment.
I’m a research, content and publishing professional with over 20 years’ experience, and a background in business and public sector policy.
I’m passionate about responsible business and sustainable consumption, and have specialised in delivering positive impact for business and consumers through applied research, engagement, education and action.
I’ve held a number of executive, non-executive, consultant and expert advisor positions, and have had significant strategic and organisational leadership experience. For over 10 years I was Group Director of Research and Publishing at Which? – UK’s largest independent consumer body.
I’m experienced in using rigorous, innovative and impartial research and engagement techniques to shape decisions, understand and influence consumer behaviour and to improve service delivery across consumer goods, retail, utilities, financial and public service sectors.
I’m experienced in partnering and collaborating with critical stakeholders regionally, nationally and internationally, and across industry, government, academia, civil society and the media.
I am currently appointed to the Ofgem-regulated UK Power Networks Customer Engagement Group (south-eastern region) as a stakeholder engagement consultant working on the development of its 2023-2028 business plan.
- Technological development and marketplace appetite for environmentally-friendly digital technologies
- Potential for environmentally-friendly digital technologies to be a positive disruptor in the retail sector
- The relationship between researchers in material science and investors and commercial partners at Advanced Material Development, based at the Sussex Innovation.
- The employment consequences the adoption of environmentally-friendly digital technologies the retail sector
- Participatory Action Research approach