Dr Petros Chamakiotis specializes in new ways of (digital/virtual) working, the role of technology in emergencies, the management of ubiquitous connectivity and the social value of digital health platforms and health apps. His research is qualitative in nature and draws on innovative methodologies, including video methods and netnographies. He publishes his work in academic and practitioner outlets primarily in the areas of information systems and management.
- Associate Professor of Management, ESCP Business School, Spain (2019 – present)
- Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Information Systems, University of Sussex, UK (2015-2019)
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Royal Holloway, University of London, UK (2013-2015)
- PhD in Management (Information Systems), University of Bath, UK (2009-2014)
- MSc in Management and Strategic Information Systems, University of Bath, UK (2006-2007)
- BSc (hons) in Economics, University of Piraeus, Greece (2001-2006)
- Digital health
- New ways of working
- Online communities
- Virtual teams
- Technology in emergencies (refugee crises, pandemics)
Chamakiotis, P., Petrakaki, D. & Panteli, N. (2021). Creating social value in online communities through digital activism. Research Outreach. https://researchoutreach.org/articles/creating-social-value-online-communities-digital-activism/
Chamakiotis, P., Petrakaki, D. & Panteli, N. (2021) Social value creation through digital health activism in an online health community. Information Systems Journal, 31(1), pp. 94-119. https://doi.org/10.1111/isj.12302
Chamakiotis, P., Panteli, N. & Petrakaki, D. (2020). ‘The hidden mechanisms for online community growth’. LSE Business Review https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/businessreview/2020/12/17/the-hidden-mechanism-for-online-community-growth/
Chamakiotis, P., Boukis, A., Panteli, N. and Papadopoulos, T. (2020). The role of temporal coordination for the fuzzy front-end of innovation in virtual teams, International Journal of Information Management, 50, pp. 182-190.
Whiting, R., Symon, G., Roby, H. and Chamakiotis, P. (2018). Who’s behind the Lens? A Reflexive Analysis of Roles in Participatory Video Research [Special Issue on Video-based Research Methods], Organizational Research Methods, 21(2), pp. 316-340.
Chamakiotis, P. and Panteli, N. (2017). Leading the Creative Process: The Case of Virtual Product Design, [Special Issue on Creativity, Knowledge and Innovation in Virtual Work], New Technology, Work & Employment, 32(1), pp. 28-42.