Longitudinal sector case studies of four economic sectors will provide intensive investigations of the nature of digital adoption by employers, and how this is potentially transforming business models, management practices and employees’ experiences of work.
The sectors include early and later digital adopters, facing high and low risks of job displacement and the restructuring of work:
- Creative Industries
- Consumer Services (Retail)
- Business Services (Finance and Legal)
- Public Services (Education, Health and Public Employment Services).
These longitudinal sector case studies will focus on:
- Changing management processes and practices
- Workers’ experiences of digital transformation