To supplement the initial ESRC investment in the £8 million centre researchers have also secured additional funding from a range of sources for related projects that are housed within the Digit centre. The aim of these related projects is to provide catalysts initiatives to encourage interdisciplinary, international and policy focused knowledge.
- Bringing Environmental Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Tags to Market
The Innovation Fellow will examine the employment consequences of the development, adoption and implementation of innovative environmentally friendly digital technologies; in this case RFID tags in the retail sector.
- EUROSHIP: Closing gaps in social citizenship. New tools to foster social resilience in Europe
EUROSHIP will provide a new, gender-sensitive, comparative knowledge about the effectiveness of changing social protection policies targeted at reducing poverty and social exclusion in Europe.
- The impact of harassment reporting technology on organisational accountability and psychological safety in the workplace
The project will contain an initial mapping of the relational complexity between the abuse of power, working environment, organisational culture and accessibility of harassment reporting technology.
- Connected Care Project: Co-creating Connected and Intelligent Care Homes for People with Dementia
Connected Care aims to address three main challenges that care homes for people living with dementia currently face.
- Welfare at a (Social) Distance
Welfare at a (Social) Distance is a major national research project funded by the Economic and Social Research Council as part of UK Research and Innovation’s rapid response to COVID-19.