Alongside opportunities to present research and receive feedback in the parallel sessions, the Summer School will include:
- Plenary sessions including senior leaders from industry and academia.
- A ‘Getting Published’ session with a panel of editors from leading journals in the fields of Operations and Supply Chain Management, Global Value Chains, Innovation and Digital Work.
The summer school is open to Early Career Researchers (ECRs), who we define as individuals that are currently undertaking a PhD or working in a postdoctoral researcher capacity, and are within 5 years of submitting their PhD.
Applicants should submit a 1000 word abstract which clearly articulates the research topic, research problem, research question, research design and any preliminary findings.
The abstract should be submitted by 15 June 2021, as a pdf document, using the email address below.
Please read the guidance, which can also be used as a template for your abstract submission, in full before submitting your abstract.
Abstracts will be evaluated on the following four criteria, through a review process and authors will be notified of acceptance / conditional acceptance / rejection on / shortly after 30 June 2021. The notification will include feedback to author(s). The decisions of the review panel are final.
- Topic & research question
- Contributions (theory & practice)
Abstracts will be accepted for review on the understanding that the submitted manuscript is an original work and has not been copyrighted, published, or accepted for presentation at any other conference.
Full Paper Submission
If your abstract is accepted to the conference, ECRs will then be invited to submit a full paper (up to 9000 words including references, appendices, figures and tables) for discussion during the summer school. The deadline for submission of the full paper is 31 August 2021.
Full Paper Submission instructions will be available in due course.
- Deadline for 1000 word abstract submission 15/06/2021
- Notification of abstract acceptance and invitation to submit full paper 30/06/2021
- Deadline for full paper submission: 31/08/2021